Monday, January 2, 2012

Embarrassing

The middle of December season, 12 people booked. 31 December.

I went to the meerkats the previous day to see where they would sleep. I do that every day so as not to embarrass myself.
Now on this specific day i could not find the meerkats, it was a very miserable windy day and a couple of goshawks were having a fears territorial battle over the north western territory.
This made me think that the meerkats were nervous and has thus gone underground for protection, as i could not find them at any of the burrows in the territory.
So using my tracking skills i found some fresh footprints at one of the northern burrows and decided to take a chance and do the tour. I also took my son JD with the next morning as backup to patrol the other burrows. But no meerkats. Had to send my guests home without seeing one meerkat.
When i got back that afternoon all the meerkats were there waiting for me. I did promise them each a radio collar.
The rest of the family is doing fine. Liefie is growing very big and would ave her baby's around the 17th of Jan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment